10-Rep Learning ~ Teague's Tech Treks

Learning Technology & Tech Observations by Dr. Helen Teague

By

Learning Technologies Podcast – August 30- Do We Need a GPS to Find Our Classrooms?

1:27

Podcast Transcript:

Welcome to the Learning Technologies Podcast. Today’s topic is … Do We Need a GPS to Find Our Classrooms? This question emerged when I visited an EdTech discussion board hosting a discussion on the value of face-to-face training over eLearning, blended learning, and other types of training. The consensus seemed to be that there is room for training in F2F classrooms. These face-to-face classrooms were labeled as “controlled learning environments.”  I parked on the label of “controlled learning environments. Hmmm… I wonder, “are there really learning scenarios, outside of university research labs, that can accurately be classified as “controlled learning environments” and if so, do we really want these? Do we want learning to be controlled, or, in the spirit of socio-cultural learning, do we want another outcome? Also, can we expand the definition of classrooms to extend beyond four plastered and/or windowed walls?

Thank you for considering these questions with me. I enjoy learning from you! Please leave a comment and let’s keep the discussion going.

(This podcast Created using Audacity) 
Additional Resources from Edublogs

6 Responses to Learning Technologies Podcast – August 30- Do We Need a GPS to Find Our Classrooms?