If you want kids to love reading, set up opportunities for kids to work together and with you around books. If you want them to be lifelong readers, work with them to encourage them to build reading into their daily life when away from school. If you want them to care about books, give them a chance to take on books that might be too hard for them. Give them ways to gain social rewards for using the knowledge that they gain from such reading. ~Tim Shanahan on Literacy, in this post
- NSF STEM for All Video Showcase Voting Ends Today May 22, 2017
- Weekend Ed. Quote ~ May 19 May 19, 2017
- The 2017 STEM for All Video Showcase “Research & Design for Impact” is now live! May 15, 2017
- Weekend Ed. Quote ~ May 13 May 13, 2017
- Differentiating Math Lessons for a Range of Learners May 11, 2017
Teague’s Tech Tricks
4OOPS Tech Tricks by Helen Teague
Tags to Posts
The 4OOPS Tech Tricks Blog by Helen Teague by Helen Teague, MEd. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at 4oops.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://oops.bizland.com
This blog registered on Edubloggers Directory.....