1. To define a word, type “define:word” in the Search box
2. To perform calculations, enter equation into Search box.
Example: 78 x .15
3. To convert measurements, type “cups in a liter” into the Search box
4. To see currency conversions, type “15 dollars in euros” into the Search box
5. To narrow information, use hyphens as minus signs or pulse signs
Example: geometry + Jeopardy OR jaguar- cars – football
6. To find specific file types, type subject in Search box, go into results, choose Advanced Search and in the middle of the screen, choose the filetype you would like to use.
7. To find a verbatim phrase, use quotation marks around Search terms
Example: “constructivist education”