Today I learned about a dynamic, thriving professional organization for technology leaders.
CoSN is the Consortium for School Networking. CoSN empowers educational leaders to leverage technology to create engaging learning environments and provides the tools essential for their success. For over two decades, CoSN has served technology leaders and provided them with the management, community building, and advocacy tools they need to succeed. Today, CoSN represents over 10 million students in school districts nationwide and continues to grow as a powerful and influential voice in K-12 education.
CoSN’s mission is to empower educational leaders to leverage technology to create and grow engaging learning environments. This timeline shows some of the ways we’ve worked to advance 21st century learning.
CoSN’s Core Beliefs are:
1. The primary challenge we face in using technology effectively is human.
2. Technology is a critical tool to personalize learning.
3. Equitable and ubiquitous access to technology is a necessity.
4. The effective use of technology for transformation of learning cannot occur without strong leadership and vision.
5. Technological fluency allows children to be prepared for the world of today and tomorrow.
6. Technology enables innovation in our educational systems, which results in greater efficiencies and productivity.
7. Global connections are vital to transforming the education process and improving learning
Major Areas of Focus are:
CoSN provides district technology leaders with the tools and resources they need to help school systems create a data rich culture. This initiative helps leaders implement and sustain data usage while providing a national forum on how data can be used to individualize the learning process.
CoSN also focuses on the implications of digital media for the creation of a student-centered, technology-enabled learning environment. We help school district leaders create a participatory learning environment through resources, best practices, and lessons learned in policy implementation to enable a digital transformation in learning.
CoSN works to increase the capacity of district leadership to leverage mobile learning. This effort helps educational leaders overcome the barriers and develop, plan, implement, and manage policies to effectively enable mobile learning. We explore and develop resources that support school leaders at this critical juncture of exponential growth in mobile learning.
– See more at: http://www.cosn.org/focus-areas/instructional-focus#sthash.rGmKgQnR.dpuf
Please click this link to learn more about CoSN
Please Note: I am not a member of CoSN. I am writing this because their focus is innovative and timely.