Teague's Tech Treks

Learning Technology and other Tech Observations by Dr, Helen Teague

About

oopsladyoopslady.jpg Proving that “booting up is not hard to do,” Helen Teague was the first teacher at her school to hack into her principal’s dial-up internet connection in the halcyon days of the burgeoning web, circa 1997.

In 1999, upon surviving the panic of Y2K she looked around her garage at the stockpiled water and canned goods and thought, “who is going to eat all this stuff!” What followed was and is a trek across all things technological, bringing software applications, web fun, and gee-whiz gadgets to students and teachers and their friends through her venture called OOPS: Our Overnight Planning System.

This blog is a Web 2 companion to the OOPS website at  http://4oops.net/The Mission of OOPS: Our Overnight Planning System involves  equipping educators with “Just-In-Time” strategies for the unpredictable challenges  or OOPS moments of classroom teaching.  Helen teaches online courses for PBS TeacherLine, leads U.S. and global staff development sessions, and writes curriculum. She also works for an inter-generational non-profit on the campus of Abilene Christian University. In May, 2017, Helen completed her doctorate in Learning Technology from Pepperdine University where she also worked as a Research Assistant for an NSF-sponsored STEM research project led by Dr. Eric Hamilton.

Visit the OOPS website for more information on how to “Feed a Deserving Educator” i.e. bring Helen to your school for your next Staff Development Day.

Your comments, tips, success stories, and cautions about what is working in your classroom, especially with technology, are encouraged and welcomed. 

Please visit often! To learn more about our Staff Development “Funshops” Click Here*****

🙂 
Happy Teaching!

5 Responses to About

1. EDin08 says:

Dear Education Blogger,

I just wanted to make sure that you were invited to our education “Blogger Summit”. We hope you can make it and feel free to share this invitation with any other bloggers in the area that might be interested. The invitation is attached below.

Alex
    ED In ’08 Blogger Summit

——————————–

Strong American Schools is excited to announce the ED in ’08 Blogger Summit. Conference details are as follows:

May 14th – 15th
    Palomar Hotel, Washington DC
    Registration is Free!

An opening reception is scheduled on the evening of Wednesday, May 14th. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served before the screening of a new documentary film on education, Two Million Minutes. A Q&A session with the filmmakers is set to follow.

Then join us for an all-day conference on May 15th. Nowhere else will you have an opportunity to meet and network with fellow education bloggers, participate in panels, attend workshops, and help tackle some tough questions on the state of education in America.

Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP today!

Register at http://edin08.com/bloggersummit/

2. Greg Smith says:

Hey Helen,
    Thanks for coming back by my blog today. I ended up getting my own space out on the www. I will be starting a podcast next year to add to my blog, and edublogs just didn’t have the space I would need. I had to move so I could rebuild my reader base before I started the podcast next year.
    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I put you on mine as well. You sure have gotten a lot of readers since you’ve started your blog. Nice job! I’m one of them now. I didn’t know you started one until today. I’ll share it with my teachers as well.
    Later!
    Greg Smith, aka Round Rock Tech Guy

3. 4oops says:

Thanks, Greg! Lookie, I gave you a shoutout in my “Abouts”! Show it to your principal and maybe you’ll get a well-deserved day off!
    🙂

4. Kim Seale says:

Hi Helen,
    I haven’t heard from you in a while! hope things are going well. I wanted to send you an announcement about Abbey’s graduation, but don’t have your addres. Please send it to me! Tell me all about what is going on in your world!

Love,
    Kim

5. Josie Whitehead says:

Helen, Thank you for your entry in my guestbook. The words were very kind. I have also a JOSIE’S POEMS Facebook page. Do come there sometimes and say hello.

I’m very busy this week uploading my poems – and there are hundreds of them. If you read my introduction you will see that a good company who do programmes for schools is interested in them – and they have far better website building techniques, marketing etc than I will ever have. I only hope it works out well. Fingers crossed. Josie