10-Rep Learning ~ Teague's Tech Treks

Learning Technology & Tech Observations by Dr. Helen Teague

By

Happy July 4th!

This July 4th post features a quote from a true hero–Army Staff Sergeant David Bellavia, American Medal of Honor Recipient. Staff Sergeant Bellavia opened the New York Stock Exchange on July 3, 2019. Hero Bellavia said this in an interview following the opening of New York Stock Exchange:

“The flag is a representative, it’s symbolism of what this country is at its core, of men and women who’ve died.  It’s the last thing that we remember that’s literally laid over their remains. It’s a very solemn and it means a whole lot to us. It might not mean that to everyone else, but I care about the veterans. I care about the guys I served with and what that means to us. It’s very important to us and I guarantee you that we will show the honor and reverence that the flag has earned. We are soldiers for life, sir.” Army Staff Sergeant David Bellavia, American Medal of Honor Recipient. Speaking to interviewer David Asman. Staff Sergeant Bellavia opened the New York Stock Exchange on July 3, 2019. Sergeant Bellavia is the only living Iraq war veteran to receive the American Medal of Honor.

flagfireworks