April is National Poetry Month. Celebrate with these Warm-ups!
Week of April 28:
1. Read and solve each of these math poems. Can you write your own math poem?
2. In your opinion, can a sentence be a poem? Why or why not?
3. Read these samples “The Red Wheelbarrow” “When You Are Old” “The New Dog” What do these poems have in common?
4. Choose one of the following pictures and write at least six descriptive words specifically about the colors you see. Cape May Lighthouse Horse swing Snowy Woods Maple Tree in the Spring
5. Read 4 or 5 color poems written by 3rd graders at this site Which one do you like best? Try adding a line anywhere in one of the poems.