Fun Halloween Resources Post 2
THE Library of Congress scares up October 31st fun with “Frankenreads,” a public read-athon of Marry Shelley’s “Frankenstein” now 200 years young!
The reading begins at 9:00 am at the Library of Congress. It is open to everybody.
There is also a livestream so you and your students can join the fun virtually. Check out the live-stream @ the LOC’s YouTube site: http://youtube.com/LibraryOfCongress
Classroom Activities During the live stream:
- Students can listen and read along
- Students can listen for a few minutes at a time and then complete a Think-Pair-Share
- Students can create a word cloud of key terms
- (Older) Students can live-tweet to the Library of Congress during the read-athon. The event hashtag is
- Studenst can draw a continuous mural or desktop mural while listening during the read-athon
- … Share your ideas!